Personal Takeaways from Jacqueline Novogratz's TED Talk "Inspiring a Life of Immersion"

After watching the clip I have changed my thinking concerning the conformity of the society and especially in social classes indefinitely. The clips made me acquire a clearer understanding of humanity especially when Jacqueline says that everyone is equal. She encourages individuals not to alienate themselves from one another as people desire to be directed through leadership. I find it motivating to realize that taking a leadership initiative to bring about change in the society can be impactful and beneficial especially for the less fortunate in the community. I also noticed that my life would be meaningless if I lived luxuriously, while my neighbors were suffering. I have learned to value others and respect people for what they are. Therefore, sacrifice, empathy, discipline, courage, and hard work are important values to demonstrate to make the best out of our living.

Today, I am aware that the society needs my help as an individual. Jacqueline has taught me that even the little I can do can bring about change and touch someone else’s life. I am inspired to start doing the best I can to uplift others in the community through volunteer work in social institutions or saving up for a good cause.  In fact, it would be remiss of me not to state that Novogratz’s talk was an eye-opener in my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO YOU ARE REALLY MATTERS

The Secret to Why Asians Don’t Age!